Zerodha is India’s one of the largest discount stockbrokers, which was started in the year 2010. It is a zero-debt company. Zerodha clients contribute over 15% of the retail order in India by investing and trading in:
- Equity trading
- Commodity derivatives
- Future and options
- currency derivatives
- Mutual funds
In the year 2018, the National Stock Exchange awarded Zerodha as, “the Best retail brokerage firm in India.” Zerodha has its trading software known as ZERODHA KITE (web and mobile trading app).
ALSO READ: 10 Best Stock Market Apps in India
Table of Contents:
- Zerodha Kite Mobile App
- Features and Benefits of Zerodha Kite App
- Charges for opening a Zerodha account
- Charges for Equity Trading
- What documents do you need to open a Zerodha account online?
- How to setup Zerodha Kite App?
- Pros and Cons of Zerodha Kite App
Zerodha Kite Mobile App
Zerodha Kite Mobile App is one of the most used mobile trading apps in India. More than 1 million customers have downloaded this app and available for both android and iOS devices. Furthermore, you can trade in Equity, Commodity, derivatives, and currency through this app.
The main and the most attractive feature of this app is that it does not charge any brokerage for equity trading. You can also learn more about the stock market by downloading the Zerodha Varsity App.
Currently, kite offers full market watch, charts and advanced order types, and much more for trading at NSE, BSE, and MCX. Kite app is a mobile version of the kite web.
Features and Benefits of Zerodha Kite App
1. This app has various tabs available, which will help you navigate your watchlist, orders, portfolio, and your profile. You can also add your share to the market watch. Hence, the users can add up to 5 different market watch lists each with a maximum of 50.
2. You can add or withdraw the funds by clicking on your profile tab, thus allowing the user to experience easy navigation.
3. Zerodha Kite app comes with the feature of live charts, which helps you to analyze and compare the stock performance.
4. Product type offered by Zerodha kite:
- CNC (cash and carry): Delivery based equity trades
- MIS (Intraday Square off): Intraday trade in future & options and equity
5. Advance order type offered by Zerodha kite:
- Regular order (RGLR): Orders to be valid till the end of the day
- Cover Order (CO): Intraday market order with a stop-loss order
- Bracket Order (BO): Intraday market order with a target and stop-loss
- After Market Order (AMO): Orders for the next trading day and the previous day
6. Order type offered by Zerodha kite:
- Market order (MKT): Sell or buy at the available price
- Limit order (LMT): Sell or buy at a predetermined price
- Stop-loss or Trigger order (SL and SL-M): If placing a predetermined loss and booking order at a trigger price.
7. This app allows the users to place an order in a single click and without much hassle.
8. The app also comes with a light/dark theme.
Charges for opening a Zerodha account
Here are the charges for opening a Demat account in Zerodha:
|Types of account||Equity (Trade on equity, currency, and F&O)||Equity(Trade on equity, currency, and F&O) and commodity (MCX)|
|Online account||Rs. 200||Rs. 300|
|Offline account||Rs. 400||Rs. 600|
|NRI account (Offline only)||Rs. 500||N/A|
|Partnership, LLP, HUF, or corporate accounts (Offline only)||Rs. 500||Rs. 800|
Charges for Equity Trading
Flat Rs. 20 per executed order
|Zerodha Charges||Equity Delivery||Equity Intraday||Equity Futures||Equity Options|
|Brokerage||Zero||0.03% or Rs. 20/ executed order (Whichever is lower)||0.03% or Rs. 20/ executed order (Whichever is lower)||Flat Rs. 20 per executed order|
|STT/CTT||0.1% on buy and sell||0.025% on the sell-side||0.01% on the sell-side||0.05% on sell-side (On premium)|
|Transaction Charges||NSE: 0.00325%|
|NSE: Exchange txn charge: 0.0019%||NSE: Exchange txn charge: 0.05% (on premium)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
|SEBI Charges||Rs. 5/Crore||Rs. 5/Crore||Rs. 5/Crore||Rs. 5/Crore|
|Stamp Charges||0.015% or Rs. 1500/Crore on the buy-side||0.003% or Rs. 300/Crore on the buy-side||0.002% or Rs. 200/Crore on the buy-side||0.003% or Rs. 300/Crore on the buy-side|
What documents do you need to open a Zerodha account online?
- Your PAN card
- Your Aadhar card
- Make sure that the mobile number is linked to your Aadhar as to complete with the e-sign process, and you will have to authenticate with an OTP.
- You require a cancelled cheque/ bank statement to link your bank account; otherwise, your application will be rejected.
- A photo or a scanned copy of your signature
- Income proof
Note: The documents mentioned above are for Resident Individual Account.
How to setup Zerodha Kite App?
- Open a Demat account in Zerodha broking app, and then you will receive a login ID.
- Login through Zerodha kite app
- After completion of the login, you can customize your own profile.
- You can start trading and investing by clicking on the buy option and adjust the number of shares.
- The portfolio section contains all the information regarding your holdings.
Pros and Cons of Zerodha Kite App
- The cheapest share broker in India
- Most popular broker
- Elimination of a middleman
- No brokerage for equity trade investments
- Faster trading
- User friendly for beginners
- IPO online application
- Multiple Indian languages
- Excellent user interface
- Wide range of charts
- It doesn’t provide recommendations and stock tips
- It doesn’t provide banking services
- You cannot invest in mutual funds through Zerodha kite, for that, you have to download the Zerodha coin.
Any gains arising out of the sale of equity shares will be taxed as follows as per present income taxed laws:
- If the shares are held for less than 12 months, it will be classified as short term capital gains and the gains will be taxed at 15%
- If the shares are held for more than 12 months, it will be classified as long-term capital gains, and the gains will be taxed at 10% without indexation if they exceed Rs. 1 lakh in a financial year.
Zerodha Kite mobile app is one of the best trading apps in India. It is the most innovative stockbroker of the current time. Also, it is trying to make investing and trading convenient, cheap, and safe. Other than that, you have to enter the PIN every time you open the app which is a great feature that will keep your investment safe. Overall, Zerodha Kite App is the best trading app for beginners according to me.