Are you looking for Best Apps to Hide Photos and Videos from others? Everyone in their life has something they want to keep private from others, and if you are one of them, then you have come to the right place. Since both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store have tons of apps that can hide your data but choosing the best app among them is not an easy task. So here’s the list of 10 Best Apps to Hide Pictures and Videos on Android & iPhone in 2020.
Note: All the following apps are in random order, and this list will always be updated whenever new apps are available.
Top 10 Best Apps to Hide Photos and Videos on Android & iPhone (2020)
- Hide it Pro
- Gallery Vault
- Hide Something
- Calculator #
- Photo Vault
- Dialer Vault
- Photo Lock App
1. Hide it Pro
Hide it Pro one of the best apps to hide pictures and videos on iPhone and Android. The UI of the app looks simple not too flashy but gets the job done.
This app can hide photos, videos, documents, and notes. But if you’re using an android device, you get additional features like hiding apps & music, file manager, video player and even lock apps. You can also hide apps on Android but you need to have the phone rooted.
Hide it Pro also comes with cloud backup by Google Drive through which you can retrieve files in events like theft, damage, device format, etc. Other than that, you can set up fingerprint or FaceID (iPhone) to unlock, themes, recovery email, shake the phone to exit and slideshow.
Other amazing features include:
- Disguise Screen: What it does is, it creates a fake screen that looks like an actual app. There are many disguise screens, such as a calculator, a currency converter, a joke of the day, and so on. I highly recommend you to use this feature so that other people can’t guess you are using an app for hiding private data.
- Escape Code: This is another feature I would recommend you to enable. What it does is, when someone forces you to open this app, it will make your vault look empty.
Overall Hide it Pro is an amazing app for hiding files from others and you should try this app.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
2. Gallery Vault
Gallery Vault is another best app for hiding photos and videos and is available for both Android and iPhone. But when it comes to features, the app has a different set of features on both the platform.
To keep your photos and videos more secure on Android, it comes with many amazing features like:
- Icon Disguise: It is similar to the Hide it Pro app, which will disguise your default Gallery Vault as a Calculator app.
- Private Camera: By enabling this feature, an icon named GCamera will be added to your launcher to take pictures and videos and add them to Gallery vault automatically.
Other features are cloud Sync, Recycle bin, Folder lock, enable/disable screenshot, Uninstall protection, Built-in video players and much more.
The app also comes with premium features:
- Break-in Alerts: What it does is when someone enters the wrong password it will take a photo from the front camera.
- Fake Password: It is like Hide it Pro app’s Escape Code feature, which will show empty vault on entering fake passwords.
Other premium features are Shake to close an app, Fingerprint Unlock, and Random password keyboard.
Gallery Vault for the iPhone has its own set of cool features:
- Enable Secret Door: It disguises Gallery Vault as a Camera app to make people think it is a camera app.
- Change App Icon: You can change the main icon to either the Album icon or Camera icon.
Other features include a custom lock screen background, recycle bin, unlock with TouchID, change lock type, Folder lock, and so on. And like Android, it also comes with a premium feature like Break-in alerts.
The app has tons of handy features, making it one of the best free apps to hide photos and videos in 2020.
Vault is one of the most popular apps out there having over 50 million downloads. With this app not only you can hide photos and videos but also use it for private browsing, securing your apps with built-in App locker and 1 GB of free cloud storage.
The app also comes with other unlocking options, such as Unlock with Pattern and Fingerprint.
For iPhone users, they get 2 additional features:
- Unlock with TouchID
- Face Down Lock: Just facedown the screen and vault will exit and another app will be launched. You can choose between Messages, Mail, Music, and Safari.
Another additional feature you get is – you can add a vault camera icon on your home screen. So photos taken from the vault camera will be directly saved to vault instead of a photo gallery. You can also set a security email for resetting your password once you forget it.
Although the free version of this app would be enough for most of you guys, there are also premium features you may want to consider.
- Fake Vault: With this feature, you can secure your private images and videos even more. All you need to do is create a fake vault and if someone asks you to open, it will show the fake one and they will never know the difference.
- Break-in Alerts: Takes the photo when someone tries to sneak into your vault.
- Stealth Mode: Make the vault icon disappear from your phone’s app screen.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Browsers for Android
4. LockMyPix Secret Photo Vault
This is one of the most advanced apps for hiding your secret photos and videos. The app has so many features that it took me a lot of time to go through all the features.
This app has features that either you have not seen on any other apps or are premium. We will start with features that are common, such as it comes with Disguise mode, Unlock with Fingerprint, Shake Lock, Intruder Selfie, Video Player, and Recovery Email.
If you think that is the end of the features, then you wrong. Other additional features that make this app unique are:
- Prevent Spying: It will block screenshots and screen transfer within the app.
- Keep Screen on: Keep the screen on when viewing photos and videos.
- Internal Camera App: Use the LockMyPix internal camera app to take new photos or videos.
- Design & Styling: If you want more than just hiding pictures and videos, then you will love this feature. This app has a wide variety of color options to customize your app and also features dark mode.
While the free version of the app already offers so many features but if you want to remove Ads and use the Fake Vault feature, you can apply for premium plans.
Sadly, this app is not available for iOS devices. But if you have an android device, then LockMyPix is seriously one of the best apps to hide pictures and videos in 2020.
5. Hide Something
Hide Something is a free, simple, and easy-to-use app and has over 10 million downloads on Google Play Store. You can hide your images, pictures, and videos easily and protect it with Pin, Pattern, or Fingerprint lock. To make your file more secure it comes with two cool features – Camouflage app (Using a Calculator app to hide photos and videos) and Fake mode (Use a fake password to unlock and only visible photos can be seen).
This app also comes with Stealth mode, email for recovering password, and dark mode. But, the feature that stands out from the rest of the apps is: it backs up all private photos and videos to Google Drive and you can browse them with a desktop browser.
Overall, Hide Something doesn’t have too many features compared to its competitors but still capable enough to secure your images & videos and the desktop browser feature just makes accessing files more convenient.
Sgallery is another advanced photo and video hiding app. You can protect your images and videos via PIN, Pattern, and Fingerprint sensor. The app also has a Disguise Icon feature that can be changed to Converter, Black Hole and Calculator app.
Other than that, you also get a built-in video player, browser, note, app lock, dark mode, recycle bin, and app hide features. Although the App Hide will only work when your android phone is rooted.
Furthermore, you can use the private camera feature that comes with it. All it does is create a home screen shortcut on your launcher for a private camera that can take photos and automatically encrypt them into a vault.
If you want more powerful features and safety, you can go for their premium package. The premium features are:
- No Ads
- Theme Manager
- Icon Disguise
- Intruder Selfie
- Prohibit Screenshots
- Shake Close
- Fake Password
- Random Password Keyboard
- Time Pin
- Custom Wallpaper
Even though most of the amazing features are in the premium plan, still the free version would be enough for most of the users.
7. Calculator # Hide Photos Videos
If you are looking for a calculator app to hide photos and videos, then this is the best app for you. The app is available for iPhone only and other than hiding photos and videos it can hide audios, documents, notes, passwords, and to-do lists.
It comes with the usual features like most of the other apps have on this list like Security lock recovery, Decoy Mode (Fake login), Panic switch (Quickly switches to other apps to prevent snooping) and Disguise Mode (Fool intruders by a fake error message box).
Other than that, you can also back up photos and videos to cloud storage and remove Ads by buying a premium pack.
8. Photo Vault
When you will look at the Photo Vault app, the first impression of your would-be it has an outdated look and doesn’t look modern. Well, I can’t disagree with you, but do you know this app has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on the Apple App Store.
When it comes to hiding pictures and videos, the app does the job and it also has a built-in browser through which you can download images and videos from the web.
Although you can use fingerprint login to open the app on an android but is exclusive to Pro feature. Whereas iPhone users can enjoy this feature for free.
Pro features of Photo Vault are:
- Unlimited Photos
- Unlimited Albums
- Wireless File Transfer
- Decoy Password
- Ads-free experience
- Break-in Report
9. Dialer Vault – App Hider
As you can understand from the name, it certainly looks like a phone dialer app. Also, when I unlocked the app, the first thing I noticed was that it looks more like a launcher than an app hider.
Dialer Vault is not only capable of hiding your secret photos and videos, but you can also hide apps. But actually, it is not hiding the app, it’s more like creating the clone of the app (just like parallel space) and later deleting it from the main app drawer.
You can also enable fingerprint to unlock and hide from a recent task to further secure photos and videos.
10. Photo Lock App
The last app on our list is the Photo Lock App. It has basic features like Fingerprint Unlock, themes, fake PIN and Uninstall protection.
To further secure your photos and videos, the app comes with:
- Replace App Icon: You can change the default icon to other icons like a clock, news, calculator, weather, and radio.
- Intruder Selfie: It will automatically take pictures when someone unlocks with wrong with a pin, pattern, or fingerprint.
- Fake Pin (Decoy Locker): It creates a second PIN that opens to a decoy Gallery Lock. So if your friends or family members force you to open the app just use the second PIN and it will show them empty gallery vault.
- Facedown Lock: When you place your phone face down, this app will automatically close and lock itself. You can choose other faces down actions like – Open another app or Open website.
- Fake App Lock Cover: To make your app more secure, you can use this feature to fool someone with either Fake Force Stop or Fingerprint Scanning lock cover.
Other features included are built-in app locker and browser. Overall, the Photo Lock App offers many features for free than most of the apps on this list and is certainly one of the best apps to hide pictures and videos on android phones.
These were the list of 10 Best Apps to Hide Pictures and Videos on iPhone and Android in 2020. You may find some apps having fewer features or having advanced features, but what matters is they all can hide your files. Also, the apps are listed in random order so install any app that you think can keep your secret files at maximum security.